Technology is a combination of techniques,analytics,methods.
An interaction in which the Counselor offers another person the time, attention and respect necessary to explore, discover and clarify ways of living more resourcefully and to his or her greater well-being.
Aims of counselling : It depend on the situation and the environment and on training. The basic aims of counselling include the following :
1. To help that person gain an insight into the origin and development of emotional difficulties, leading to an increased capacity to take rational control over feelings and actions.
2. To alter maladjusted behaviour.
3. To assist students to move in the direction of fulfilling their potential or achieve an integration of conflicting elements within themselves.
4. To provide students with the skill, awareness and knowledge, which will enable them to confront social inadequacy.
Types of counselling :
A. Educational counselling : A term first coined by Truman Kelley in 1914 educational counselling is a process of rending services to pupils who need assistance in making decision about important aspects of their education, such as the choice of courses and studies, decisions regarding Interests and ability and choice of College and high school. Educational counselling increases a pupils knowledge of educational opportunities.
B. Personal /social counselling :
1. Anxiety over a carrier decision
2. Lingering anger over an interpersonal conflict
3. Insecurities about getting older
4. Depressive feelings when bored with work
5. Excessive guilt about a serious mistake
6. A lack of assertion and confidence
7. Grief over the loss of a loved one
8. Disillusionment and loneliness after parents divorce
C. Vocational counselling :
1. Helping students become aware of the many occupations to consider.
2. Interpreting an occupational interest inventory to a student.
3. Assisting a teenager to decide what to do after school.
4. Helping a student apply to a College or University.
5. Role-playing a job interview in preparation for the real thing.